College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences began as a college in 1982 with Prof. Gaudencia Genotiva as Dean. Courage, risk-taking efforts
Integrating the supervision of the “arts and sciences” of the institute was an important accomplishment made. The supervision of the first two years which is general education program; either discipline in the arts and sciences took a lot of courage but streamlined management for efficient and effective service resulted in the risk-taking efforts of the “pioneer” staff and faculty of the college built confidence in the whole Institute to continue developing this service college.
With the “arts and sciences” assigned to the College of Arts and Sciences as the Institute service college, the demands of a true college education were met; the generalist orientation in the teaching and supervision of the generalized knowledge offerings in the first two years, and the specialized orientation slanted towards passing the board examination governing the professional courses in the higher years across all colleges. The essence of true education, the widening of a man’s vision, the broadening of his sympathies, and the leading of him to higher thinking and deep feelings constituted basically the philosophical reasons. The pragmatic
- Produce quality human resources responsive to the regional and national development needs.
- Develop competent and service-driven graduates imbued with positive values.
- Provide a state-of-the-art instructional facility and pedagogy.
- Adopt an outcome-based education (OBE) mechanism relevant to the needs of the global arena.
- Produce quality students with strong foundation in the various disciplines in the arts and sciences.
- Undertake research activities in response t social, political, economic, and
environmentissues and concerns.
- Develop projects and innovations that will improve the quality of life.
- Strengthen linkages with stakeholders and agencies to enhance partnerships for development.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language (BAEL)
- Bachelor of Arts in Filipino Language (BAFL)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (BSChem)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSEcon)
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (BSMath)
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics (BSStat)