Society today is pervaded by a technology that is changing at an ever-accelarating pace. Every sector of the community is challenged to respond appropriately to the needs of time. The Eastern Visayas State University as a technological state university in this part of the region continuously envisions offering relevant courses. Specifically, The College of Technology never ceases to be challenged in expanding and clarifying its functions. It has reevaluated current emphasis of technology courses and has evaluated curricular functions that would best reflect current technological trends.It is an accepted fact that one of the main characteristics of the technological world is change. It can also be said that one of the main characteristics of an effective educational program in the school curriculum is change.
Guided by this realities, the college has formulated this plan to guide its faculty members, staff and students on what course of actions shall be taken in the future. Considering that the College of Technology was just created last year, some of its programs are new. However, it should be noted that there are already a lot of graduates in the old programs of the college who are now professionals- working in the country and abroad. Aside from the increasing number of employed graduates, these graduates have also shown exemplary performance in the Engine Officer Licensure Examinations given by the professional Regulation Commission, not simply as passers but board placers as well. Undeniably, it could be attributed to the kind of training that was provided by their instructors. The faculty members of the college are best qualified to teach in the various fields of specialization. Some of them have earned higher degrees and have specialized in various subject areas.
The College has attempted to submit its programs for accreditation. The Industrial Technology Program has already gained second level status. The Maritime Education Program was granted a Management System Certificate after a series of external audits were conducted by the Det Norske Veritas, a Norwegain certifying body. It was made to retain its status as a certificate holder another two succesive years because the requirements of the certifying body were fully complied.
From 1999 up to the present, enrolment and the number of graduates in the different programs have considerably increased. It was based on this trend that the College’s projection of these two areas are also increasing.
The purpose of education has been to fulfill the most pressing needs of the society. As technology changes, society’s educational needs change. This is the primary purpose why this plan was formulated. The strategic plan presented in this work covers many aspects. It embraces not only instruction, but also the other three functions of a state college namely: research, extension and production. Strategies, people involved, performance indicators, time element and work costs are incorporated in every concern the College would intend to satisfy.
Versatile technologist and seafarers with adequate job intelligence and positive work habits who are continuously supportive of regional and national development.
Developing technologist and seafarers by providing advance vocational, industrial and professional training basically designed to harness the technological potentialities of region VIII
- Develop technologist and seafarers by providing them with relevant and adequate knowledge, skills and values for global competitiveness.
- Provide in-service training for the faculty and staff on state-of-the-art technology and job intelligence to be more competently productive in their respective fields of specialization.
- Strengthen research capabilities of faculty and students through intensive training and actual investigations
- Implement workable transfer of technology scheme of various technologies to the college service areas for economic upliftment.
- Provide Technical expertise in the production of quality goods and better services.
- To provide training in the basic manipulative skill, technical knowledge and related information, good and safe habits of work and their related knowledge and information necessary in preparing the individuals as a world class workers in trade and maritime industry.
- To provide in-service training and extension or supplemental education for the purpose of upgrading work skills, technical knowledge and related information and job intelligence for persons already employed in the trade, industrial and maritime pursuits with the view of helping them obtain a higher position or better wages in the industry.
- To provide the faculty and students with the training, for them to acquire advance research capabilities and/or competencies.
- To render services to out-of-school youth, unemployed adults, disabled and other interested individuals in the transfer of various technologies.
- To harness the expertise of faculty members and students in the different fields of specialization to increase productivity.
Bachelor of Industrial Technology (BIT) with majors in:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Technology (BMT) with majors in:
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Technology (BSHRT)