College of Technology
Society today is pervaded by a technology that is changing at an ever-
Guided by this realities, the college has formulated this plan to guide its faculty members, staff and students on what course of actions shall be taken in the future. Considering that the College of Technology was just created last year, some of its programs are new. However, it should be noted that there are already a lot of graduates in the old programs of the college who are now professionals- working in the country and abroad. Aside from the increasing number of employed graduates, these graduates have also shown exemplary performance in the Engine Officer Licensure Examinations given by the
The College has attempted to submit its programs for accreditation. The Industrial Technology Program has already gained second level status. The Maritime Education Program was granted a Management System Certificate after a series of external audits were conducted by the Det Norske Veritas, a
From 1999 up to the present, enrolment and the number of graduates in the different programs have considerably increased. It was based on this trend that the College’s projection of these two areas
The purpose of education has been to fulfill the most pressing needs of the society. As technology changes, society’s educational needs change. This is the primary purpose why this plan was formulated. The strategic plan presented in this work covers many aspects. It embraces not only
Versatile technologist and seafarers with adequate job intelligence and positive work habits who are continuously supportive of regional and national development.
Developing technologist and seafarers by providing
- Develop technologist and seafarers by providing them with relevant and adequate knowledge, skills and values for global competitiveness.
- Provide in-service training for the faculty and staff on state-of-the-art technology and job intelligence to be more competently productive in their respective fields of specialization.
- Strengthen research capabilities of faculty and students through intensive training and actual investigations
- Implement workable transfer of technology scheme of various technologies to the college service areas for economic upliftment.
- Provide Technical expertise in the production of quality goods and better services.
- To provide training in the basic manipulative skill, technical knowledge
andrelated information, good and safe habits of work and their related knowledge and information necessary in preparing the individuals as a world classworkers in trade and maritime industry.
- To provide in-service training and extension or supplemental education for the purpose of upgrading work skills, technical knowledge and related information and job intelligence for persons already employed in the trade, industrial and maritime pursuits with the view of helping them obtain a higher position or better wages in the industry.
- To provide the faculty and students with the training, for them to acquire
advanceresearch capabilities and/or competencies.
- To render services to out-of-school youth, unemployed adults, disabled and other interested individuals in the transfer of various technologies.
- To harness the expertise of faculty members and students in the different fields of specialization to increase productivity.
Bachelor of Industrial Technology (BIT) with majors in:
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Technology (BMT) with majors in:
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Technology (BSHRT)
196total visits,13visits today