To prepare the students for a professional Industrial Engineering career including a leading role in the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of the people, materials, information, equipment and energy in the industrial setting contributory to regional and national development.
Industrial Engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment and energy based upon a specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
- Provide technical and professional instruction and training to individuals pursuing the course in Industrial Engineering;
- Promote research and extension activities among its faculty members and student that would enhance development programs and projects in the field of industrial Engineering;
- Engage both the faculty members and students in production activities whereby practical knowledge and skills and critical thinking can be applied in the performance of income generating projects;
- Instill awareness and concern for the protection of environment;
- Inculcate high sense of moral, ethical , cultural, and aesthetic values in the exercise of the industrial engineering profession; and
- Encourage graduates and practitioners of industrial engineering to undergo continuing professional education.
REQUIREMENT FOR THE COURSE
Qualified and dedicated students with ratings in Math, Science, and English of atleast 80%. Proficiency in the oral communication in the English language is preferred. Must the written examination of the University.