To develop competent Mechanical Engineering who will serve and contribute for the sustainable development of the society through high quality education in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
The Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering of Eastern Visayas State University, after five years of graduation shall:
PEO1. Build his/her career into but not limited to supervisory position with ethical and social responsibility in making mechanical engineering design, fabrication, installation, operation and maintenance of industrial plant and power plant.
PEO2. Possessed professional ME skills that will make them confident to initiate solution in ME related domains such as design, fabrication and installation, and operation and maintenance.
PEO3. Pursue life-long professional development through research, training and seminars at local, national and international levels.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and inter-pret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustaina-bility, in accordance with standards.
- Function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineer-ing solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of the contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.