The Board of Regents of the Eastern Visayas State University formally and publicly announces that the Search for President is NOW OPEN.
A. Applicants for SUC Presidency must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Preferably not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years old at the time of application. However, candidates who are beyond 61 years old but not older than sixty-five (65) who possess the experience, the background, and track record of becoming the president can apply and seek exemption from the Board of Regents of the Eastern Visayas State University;
- A natural-born Filipino citizen, as defined in Article IV, Section 2 of the 1987 Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A holder of an earned doctoral degree, defined as level 8 in the Philippine Qualifications Framework or RA 10968, from a recognized higher learning institution by the Commission on Higher Education;
- Proven track record as an administrator (President, Vice-president, Dean, Campus Administrator, Director), preferably in the academe whether in public or private, for at least five (5) years; and,
- Must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or of any crime involving moral turpitude.
B. Incumbent Presidents of other SUCs, whose term is set to expire within the six months period of the Search Process, shall be allowed to file/submit his/her application for the vacant president post.
- Formal application letter addressed to:
- Hon. J. Prospero E. De Vera III
- Commission on Higher Education
- 4th Floor HEDC Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue
- U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath;
- Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae;
- Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the University;
- Certificates/Clearances from the following government agencies, obtained not more than three (3) months from the date of filing of application:
- Civil Service Commission (CSC)
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
- Municipal/Regional Trial Court
- Ombudsman (for government employees)
- Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed
- In case an applicant fails to submit any of the foregoing clearances at the time of application he or she shall submit an affidavit containing the following:
- Duly submitted to and received copy of the application for the clearance with an attached original or duly authenticated copy of official receipt thereof; and
- Consent to voluntarily resign or be subjected to quo warranto proceedings or similar action on appointment/term invalidation, in case any of the clearances is not submitted within three (3) months after assumption to office
- An affidavit/certification attesting that the applicant has not been convicted of any administrative and/or criminal case;
- NSO/PSA-authenticated Birth Certificate;
- Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a government-recognized accredited health institutions but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed;
- Results of Neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from a government-recognized accredited health institutions but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed; and
- Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath/subscribed to and sworn before an authorized person.
All candidates must be physically present within the premises of the EVSU Main Campus, Tacloban City during the Public Forum/Presentation and Panel Interview. Failure to be physically present is a ground for automatic disqualification from participating in the open Public Forum, Panel Interview and undergoing the Search Process for Presidency.
The Search Committee for EVSU Presidency reserves the right to validate and verify the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable and/or reject or accept an application based on the qualification standards and documentary requirements.
An applicant who does not meet any one of the above-mentioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit any of the pertinent supporting documentary evidences on the set deadline should automatically be disqualified from the search process.
Interested applicants must submit one (1) set of hard copy of original and six (6) certified photocopies and/or authenticated electronic copy of the aforementioned documents on or before FEBRUARY 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM (Philippine Standard Time) to:
Hon. J. Prospero E. de Vera III
Chairman, Commission on Higher Education
Chair-Designate, EVSU BOR
4th Floor HEDC Bldg., C.P. Garcia Avenue,
U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
c/o Ms. Ina Isabella Fanio
HEDC Bldg., C.P. Garcia Ave.,
U.P. Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
c/o Dr. Analyn C. Españo
Eastern Visayas State University
Arch. Lino Gonzaga Avenue, Tacloban City