The Internal Management Services Office (IMASO) of Eastern Visayas State University, through its Director, Prof. Renato E. Martija facilitated the Internal Quality Audit Closing Meeting on Sept. 14, 2022, 9:00 o’clock in the morning at the Office of Research and Extension Services studio room to pave the way for the plan of the university to be ISO recertified.
The University Key Officials, Academic and Support Unit Heads, and Internal Quality Auditors convened to deliberate the compliance of the key offices to the University Quality Management System.
“Findings may serve as inputs for us to improve and to serve better our clientele” said Dr. Benedicto T. Militante, Jr., the Vice-President for Administration and Finance, in his Welcome Message.
Meanwhile, the University President, Dr. Dennis C. de Paz, asked in his message “What have we done? and How do we value the Quality Management System?”.
He further emphasized that with the Internal Quality Audit, the university is assessing its strengths and weaknesses. “We ensure compliance to the set standards and iron out our loopholes,” he further added.
The Internal Quality Auditors specified their findings on the following colleges, offices and units:
- Mrs. Erlinda Ayles – College of Architecture and Allied Discipline
- College of Technology
- Dr. Gerald Jayson Balanga – Office of the VP for Administration and Finance
- Prof. Vincent Cabantoc – Registrar’s Office; Safety and Security Office
- Ms. Honeylee Cadavis – Library Office, UQAAC, IMASO, and UMDC
Prof. Ludy Añano
Dr. Issa May Obina
- Architect Hervey Catilogo – Grounds and Physical Facilities Maintenance Office
- Mr. Espiritu Denoy – Office of the Culture and the Arts
Ms. Xylene Pelen – Gender and Development Office
-Sports Development Office
- Prof. Dianne Remot – Electrical Maintenance Office; Maintenance and Engineering Services; Water System Maintenance Office
- Mrs. Marlene U. Lim – Office of the Vice-President for Research and Extension Services
- Research and Development Office
- Innovation and Technology Support Office
- Engr. Ramon I. Lim – College of Education
- Prof. Ma. Elvira Martija – Graduate School and College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Prof. Rene Martija – Office of the VP-Academic Affairs, Office of the University President
Dr. Glenda Tupaz – Project Management Evaluation and Assessment Office
Dr. Sonia Enrile -Physical Plant and Infrastructure Development Office
- Records Office
- Dr. Ma. Belinda C. Lora – Property Management Office and BAC and Procurement Office
- Prof. Dan Carlo Pabrualinan- Cashiering Office; Finance Services Division; Alumni Relations and Affairs Office; NSTPO and Budget Office
- Dr. Felix Barrion – College of Arts and Sciences
- Prof. Eduardo Cabuyao – College of Engineering
- Dr. Rose Anna Refuerzo – Accounting Office and Internal Audit
- Prof. Arabelle Tenebro – Office of the VP for Internationalization and External Affairs
- Dr. Joel Alfarero – Office of the Director for Internationalization
-Office of External Affairs
– Media Affairs
- Dr. Fatima Socorro Quainzon – Human Resource and Management Office
- Engr. Roque Costiniano – Food and Innovation Center
- Learning Institute for Environment
- Office of Extension Services
- Office of the Income Generating Project
The activity ended with the commitment of the University President, Dr. Dennis C. de Paz to comply all the suggestions given by the Internal Quality Auditors and push through the University’s bid for ISO re-certification on December 12-13, 2022.